1. Be sure that people are saying things about you, specifically, and not other people.
2. Get your friends behind you, and give them time to decide whether they want to go against your friend for you. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and one person didn’t build it either.
3. Confront the rumors, depending on what type of person you are.
One is to simply tell them to stop, which is okay if you’re a direct person. You could give them the silent treatment. Perhaps the best way is to just ask them what’s up.
4. Whatever you do, do not overreact. Chances are that they are just jealous of you for whatever reason.
5. Don’t be afraid to laugh. They might want you to fight back. But if you shrug it off, they might leave you alone.
6. Be very laid back about it.
The next time a rumor comes back around about you, they’ll know you don’t even care. If its high school, the people who are talking trash about you won’t be in your life ten years down the road nor will they help you get there. People don’t have anything better to do then talk trash about someone, simply because they have low self esteem.