Every word that is said has an impact. When you talk, it can be very powerful. You have to watch what you say at all times, to make sure you never hurt anyone unintentionally.
1. Think things over carefully before you say them. If it sounds bad in your head, it’s going to be bad when you say it. Be mindful of others’ beliefs and strongly-held ideas, so that you don’t say something insensitive.
2. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. We all know our parents have been saying this for a long time, but it is the truth. What’s the point in saying something, if you know it’s going to hurt someone?
3. If you end up saying something hurtful, don’t let it go and think it’s okay, and push it off. Let the person know that you are sorry right away, sometimes even if you’re not.
4. Express yourself honestly. If it may hurt someone, express it with people who have the same interest.
5. Be nice, and have a positive attitude.