- If you aren’t using your hands for a few moments, trace figure eights with one finger on the opposite palm. This mild stimulation should take your mind off your worries.
- When unobserved, rub your shoulders briefly. Many people store tension across their trapeziums. Even better is asking a nearby friend to help.
- Tell yourself you’ll be fine. You can influence an audience’s reaction, but ultimately you’re only responsible for how you behave. Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Focus on a taste, touch, or smell you enjoy. Sensory memories are some of the most powerful and relaxing we have.
- Breathe deeply, let it out slowly. The trick here is breathing from the diaphragm, that wall of muscle below your lungs and above your waist. You could also try holding each breath for several seconds before exhaling.